Last modified: Wednesday 23rd December 2015
We may store all User Content(Articles).We may display your User Content in any part of the Service we see fit. If you send us an email, detailing as to why you do not want us to use your content for promotional pieces to gain extra exposure to the website and your article at email@example.com
Information Gathered from Facebook and Twitter
When you access the Service we receive and store the following information from Facebook: Your user ID, profile name, gender, email address, hometown, date of birth, employment history, Facebook likes and Facebook friends.
When you access the Service we receive and store the following information from Twitter: Your user ID, profile name, gender, email address, hometown, date of birth
As most sites do, our systems may automatically record and store technical information regarding the method and nature of your use of the Service including: page requests, actions, use time, platform type, operating system and browser information. This information may only be stored in an aggregated or statistical form and in no way can be attributed to a specific user.
What are Cookies?
In general, cookies are small text files which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. The cookies are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit or are sent to another website that recognises the cookie. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognize a users device.
When you visit our site, two types of cookies may be set on your computer. The cookies set by us are called First Party Cookies. Third Party Cookies are the cookies set by someone else, such as service providers who help us operate and improve our site.
First Party Cookies
Our cookies are limited to authentication and basic service provision purposes:
- Cookies required to enable your access to the Service and to provide you with the services or content you have requested. These cookies expire at the end of each browsing session.
- Cookies used to identify whether you are a registered user returning to the site. These cookies generally expire within two weeks.
Our cookies contain an alphanumeric string allowing us to identify your device which does not contain any personally identifying information about you.
By using our site, you agree to let us place these cookies on your computer.
Third Party Cookies
In addition to these first party cookies, you may also encounter cookies set by third parties for various purposes such as those specified below. Because we frequently update our site, add/ remove site features and change service providers on a regular basis, the identity of the third party serving cookies may change from time to time. We expect, however, that the following categories of third party cookies will typically be set by third parties when you use our site, depending on how you interact with our site:
- Social Networking Platform Cookies: Cookies set by social networking platforms to enable social media logins or to facilitate the sharing and liking of site content on social networks;
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: Cookies used to help us analyse how people interact with our site so we can improve the site layout and features for users, to improve performance of the site, and to help us with site maintenance;
- Content Recommendation Cookies: Cookies set by service providers who recommend additional content to you while browsing our site
- Targeting and Advertising Cookies: Cookies used to target and deliver advertisements and to measure the effectiveness of advertising on the site.
These cookies will expire when set by the respective third party service provider.
By using our site, you agree to let third parties place cookies on your computer for one or more of the reasons specified above.
Google Analytics and Display Advertising
We are currently using Google Analytics on our site and have implemented the following Google Analytics features based on Display Advertising:
Google Display Network Impression Reporting
DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration
- We, together with third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick Cookie) to report how our ad impressions, use of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to our site.
Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- We use data from Googles interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data with Google Analytics to better understand the demographics of users on our site. This allows us to provide more relevant and interesting content to users.
You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google’s Display Network ads by using Googles Ads Settings (https://www.google.com/settings/ads). Google also offers additional tools which you can use to manage opt-outs for Google Analytics (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout).
Â No Obligation to Store Information
Nothing in this Policy is interpreted as an obligation to store information, and we may, at our own discretion, delete or avoid from recording and storing any and all information.
You shall have no claim against us for deleting information, avoiding from retrieving and storing or not complying with any information request, including court orders and warrant by authorised entities, because the requested information was deleted or not stored by us and is unavailable to us.
We may store information in locations outside our direct control.
This Policy may be revised from time to time at our sole discretion. The last revision will be reflected in the “Last modified by” heading above. Please visit this page periodically for updates. Continuing to use the Service continues your acceptance of changes.