So today begins the start of something special. Another football league season. Hopefully another for fans to cherish with plenty of spectacular moments. Who will come out on top? who will be competing for promotion towards the end of the season, and who may struggle. We are going to be taking a look at A few teams from each League who could have what it takes to challenge for their respective trophy! Please feel free to leave any of your predictions below, we’d love to hear them!
In my opinion this could well be the most competitive Championship season we have seen. Some of the talent in this league now is phenomenal, with Championship specialist Norwich down along side a Newcastle side with great depth and a Villa side confident of making it back to the big time, we should be in for a spectacular season. Rather than point out the obvious however, I thought I’d take a look at a couple of teams who may surprise a few come the end of the season.
- One team which isn’t really that surprising but once again has a great chance, is Chris Hughton’s Brighton. The seagulls narrowly missed out last season and will therefore be hungry for promotion once more, looking to go one step further and advance to the Premier League. With capable players in their squad like the in demand Lewis Dunk and highly rated winger Anthony Knockaert it would not be a surprise if we saw Brighton challenging again, but do they have what it takes in what appears to be a hugely competitive league this year.
- Another team which could cause a stir in my opinion is Huddersfield Town. They have a nice squad depth and if they can build up some early momentum they could upset some of the big boys. They have recruited well, including Man City young prodigy Aaron Mooy, and in my opinion anyway could pose a threat if they play consistently, and make every one of their home matches count.
Once again League 1 looks particularly strong this season, with Bristol Rovers achieving back to back promotion they now return to a League which has changed very much since they last played at this level. Let us once again take a look at who could come out on top in this fierce League.
1. One team I think could pose a threat in this League is the ever present Bradford. For a few years now they have been shocking teams in the F.A cup and challenging in every League match along side this. They love a cup run, and I’m sure if they don’t enjoy league success this campaign, they may once again enjoy a great run in the F.A cup.
2. Another club which could surprise a few is newly promoted Oxford United, they performed terrifically last season to achieve promotion, and are certainly not out of the running to take the League title this season. They have a rather large budget which helps the club significantly, and they can certainly compete at the highest of League One levels. They may not be favourites, but they could be an outsider worth watching.
Finally on to League 2, also a greatly competitive League this time out. With huge clubs like Leyton Orient and Notts County looking to battle it out for a spot at the top. Once again however, lets take a look at two outsiders.
- Potentially a small return to glory for former Premier League team Portsmouth? It’s very possible, with the southern side probably due some good news. With it being released this week that Pompey have sold more season tickets than AC Milan, fans once again turn up in their thousands expecting results, lets hope this season they are rewarded for their commitment.
- Another side who only just arrived in this League, who could be looking to do a Bristol Rovers. That is Gary Johnson’s Cheltenham town. With such a strong manager in charge fans will be hoping of more success this season after a great campaign last time out. Striker Dan Holman is also a name to look out for in this Cheltenham squad, he is an incredible asset to this team, and should be one of Cheltenham’s highest scorers this coming season.
Overall we should be in for a great season! let us know your thoughts in the comments below and sit back and enjoy the new football League season!